If you nick me with something sharp, my blood runs RED.
If I stub my toe horribly, I bleed red.
Not just red, but SCARLET.
What the H-E-double-toothpicks am I talking about?
I’m a Cornhusker grad and I love my college colors.
I bet YOU do too! In fact PUT A COMMENT on this post saying “Go XXX” for your alma-mater. Or if you didn’t attend a college, let me know who you root for anyway! I’d love to hear.
But I have a BIG problem.
I RARELY RARELY get to see my beloved team on national TV of the broadcast variety.
If I had cable TV, and mind you, the “right (expensive) package”, I could watch those Huskers.
I did find a Big 10 TV app for the iPhone and my Kindle Fire TV. But WAIT ONE MINUTE, that won’t work either because the app makes you LOG INTO your cable TV (or phone company) and checks to see if you purchased cable.
And along comes Fubo TV.
They claimed to allow BTN (Big Ten Network) streaming if I purchased Fubo TV.
That took me all of 10 seconds to make that decision.
You see, the ONLY way for me to watch the Huskers was to find a local sports bar. Then I would feel guilty about watching their TV, so I purchased a beer or two and some Horse Doovers. Before long my tab was 20-30 bucks. If I watched every weekend which I did, the monthly bill in the fall season could easily run $100-200 for just a bar tab.
I think I spent $35/month for my Fubo TV subscription.
So I tested it out. Here is what I learned.
- When it was new, early in the season, it would have trouble streaming the games from bigger football schools. Michigan games had trouble. Nebraska games had trouble. I got my games watched but for September it was rough.
- Starting in October, I think Fubo TV got things worked out because the rest of the year I was able to watch my games without problem. Wished my team played better but I cheered them thick and thin.
- I was able to get a Fubo TV app for my Kindle Fire TV and watch in my big screen. Awesome.
- I was able to get a Fubo TV app for my iPhone. Awesome.
- I could watch from my Macbook using Safari. Score.
- Also available on Android app store, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast. Super cool.
- Also, I was able to suspend my monthly fee and access and I’ll start again next fall. Awesome!
- Sheri was able to watch Hallmark Christmas movies (I kind of liked them too) which made her ecstatic.
- Fubo TV has a really good lineup. We’ll be using them again.
- No dangerous or offensive long term contracts (like some other providers)
- This truly is cable tv for RVers.
Here is the basic level of Fubo TV channel lineup. I think most of these are live or simulcast with the channels you would get when you buy regular cable.
What do you think? Questions? Put it in the comments and I’ll answer. Be sure to “check” the box so you get email follow ups.