If you are wondering what the ins and outs of the winterize RV procedures might be, on this page I've assembled 100's and 100's of videos that you might find very helpful.
I've also written a few articles, that while are not about winterization directly, you might definitely need their information to winterize your RV.
- Article on how you find and use the fresh water fill on an RV
- Information about how you control the water and antifreeze routing and entry in and around your rv
- Article about the ESCO Convenience Center on Open Range RV's
- Primary task – drain ALL water from the RV
- Pay attention to ‘low water' points, such as drain traps – make sure they are empty
- Make sure all low water exits are now closed – don't want to waste antifreeze.
- Fill the system with SAFE antifreeze – avoiding the hot water heater which would be gallons of stuff.
- Here is an Amazon Affiliate link to a special pump for siphoning antifreeze from a bottle
- Here is an Amazon Affiliate link to special RV and Marine Antifreeze from Camco
- Make sure your system will then keep the antifreeze in place AND that the antifreeze has been distributed to all spots, in particular low water places.
- In the spring, you'll run the reverse procedure
- drain the antifreeze
- flush the system to get the antifreeze out.
- Put the hot water heater back into the equation ( make sure it is flushed too )
RV52.com Partner if you need help NOW!
ATTN RVers: RV52.com has partnered with JustAnswer, one of webs trusted "paid" answers site. Sometimes you just need the answer NOW and from a real mechanic.