RV Stereo Speakers
RV stereo speakers are one of the nicest built-in amenities in most RVs from the smallest camping trailer to the very largest Class A RV. (Learn about the differences here). I emphasize the built-in part.
The RV stereo speakers can allow you to enjoy music while lying in bed or even listen to audio while taking little to no extra space.
Many Toy Hauler RVs have stereo speakers installed outside of the RV. The idea behind the outside speakers is to allow you to have music or amplified TV audio outside – for example – maybe while you are having a party or a picnic – making your RV complete!
Modern RVs are pre-wired for audio
Since most modern RV’s have built in entertainment systems, the RV is usually prewired.
Pre-wiring saves an incredible amount of work and keeps ugly wires out of sight. The great thing is that due to the pre-wiring and the space consciousness of RVs, you’ll find most RV Stereo Speakers usually mounted in the ceiling and sometimes in spare bunkhouse or the rv basement.
When I say pre-wired, I actually mean pre-INSTALLED. Most modern RVs will have RV stereo speakers installed in the ceiling or in the walls. These speakers should be “flush mounted” or surface mounted such that the speakers take up no extra space in the RV whatsoever.
Flush mount RV speakers
Flush mounted speakers would be speakers where the speaker is almost completely inside the wall and the surface of the speaker is flush or even with the wall.
The speakers shown in the Airstream RV below would be flush mount.
When you are shopping for an RV, you should look to see that what is prewired is the little flush mount speakers in the ceiling.
Surface mount RV speakers
In the picture below, the white-ish speakers on the ceiling are not flushmount speakers, yet they are builtin and prewired into the ceiling.
I would call these speakers “surface mount”. These speakers are mounted on the surface of the wall, but they protrude somewhat. This is very convenient when you don’t have room inside the wall or ceiling to accommodate the speaker.
Be sure to look for all the speakers in the RV and then see if there are “controls” in the audio system to manage those speakers. That will give you a good idea of the capability of the system.
Usage Tips for RV Stereo Speakers
Read the following notes to sure you get the most ideas for what you want from your RV speakers:
- Having speakers for your entertainment/TV area is really, really nice.
- The TV speakers usually do not put out enough sound.
- Especially since in many travel trailers the air conditioner can be very noisy.
- If your RV is small (like the Tiny Texas Tumbleweed)
- I personally like the idea of speakers over your bed so you can hear the TV
- You’ll definitely want a remote controlled entertainment center so you can change the volume without getting out of bed!
- If your RV is large, then you likely might have a separate bedroom from the home theater
- Speakers for you couch/recliner area would be nice
- remote control would be a plus for the audio system
- We had speakers in our RV basement area which is very nice.
- As a result, this allowed us to use our Wii, to watch TV, and listen to music when outside.
- Be thoughtful on how you might control these speakers and hook into them.
- You might want them to hook into a different sound source than the main system in the house.
- We never had speakers in our 5th wheel bedroom but I can see how this would be nice.
- Again, controlling this conveniently might be a trick.
- Any truly useful/viable controller would have a radio – not line of sight remote control. Especially in a large RV.
- I’m thinking a separate system could be a plus for your bedroom.
- Many toy haulers have stereo speakers on the outside of the rig so you can party into the night. I’m thinking this is an age-dependent type of thing! ;-)
- The more speakers you have, the more wiring you have, and the more complexity you will have in controlling the system. For us, we started to merge our computers and our entertainment system.
- Here is a page that talks more about the systems used to control the RV speakers.
Some different RV Stereo speaker pictures
17 Search Results for RV speaker
Flush Mount Speakers GrayAmazonWalmartCompare and Save!
Potentially Related Posts for RV speaker
Videos related to RV speaker
Searching for videos using this phrase : RV speaker