RV Propane Video How to and Information Page
RV Propane information is sorely needed in the RV market space. In my Open Range 399BHS, I can’t even find a “how-to” or instructions on the rv propane switchover valve. Furthermore, the Open Range has TWO switchover valves further complicating matters since it is unclear how each side works together.
Therefore, I (Marlan of RV52) thought I would put together an RV Propane information page that helps people find things that will help them with the LP thing.
- RV Propane how to for switchover valve
- RV Propane tank primer article
- Propane Tank Meter – I don’t use one. Really not worth the bother, but I wrote about it.
- Neat article about the propane tanks on the Open Range RV
- From my book the Fifth Wheel RV – The Exterior – Quick overview on the propane tanks
- Get a Carbon Monoxide and propane detector if you are going RVing
- RVing is dangerous if you do not have a sense of smell
- RV refrigerators run on propane!
I also thought it might be very useful to list a few Amazon products to save you time (Amazon Disclosure):
- Camco 59005 RV Propane Double-Stage Auto-Changeover Regulator
- Camco 59053 12″ RV Pig Tail Propane Hose Connector – I actually had to get one of these for our old Puma RV. These are pretty useful and much cheaper here than at a dealer.
- Camco 59153 24″ RV Pig Tail Prop Hose Connector – I think mine was 12″, but I can see that longer is better.
- Camco 57533 Olympian GM12 RV Multi Sparker – I think this would be SUPER cool for a grill – I think I’ll ask Sheri to get me one.
- Camco 59333 RV Horizontal Two Stage Propane Regulator with P.O.L.
- Camco 40542 RV Heavy Duty Propane Tank Cover – Polar White – This would be really nice – the tank covers get dingy over time.
- MTI Industris 12 Volt Flush Mount LP/Natural Gas Detector White 30-442-P – CRITICAL – Your RV should not be without a detector. I don’t have a sense of smell so you can imagine how important this would be for me.
- Mr. Heater F273766 Propane Auto-Changeover Two Stage Regulator 2-1/4″ Inverted Female Flair Inlets X 3/8″ Female Pipe Outlets
- Worthington 281166 11-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
- Worthington 303955 20-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
- Worthington 303954 30-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
- Lite Cylinder LC-20-30 Composite See-Through Propane Tank, 5.39 Gallons Capacity, Blue
- Liquid Propane Change Over Valve
RV52.com ONLINE INSTANT RV Mechanic if you need help NOW!
ATTN RVers: RV52.com has found ONLINE RV mechanics with JustAnswer, one of internet's trusted "paid" answers site. Sometimes you just need the answer NOW and from a real mechanic.