Shop at the stores you ALREADY shop at! Nothing new (except savings)
Click here for $10 on your first shopping trip by trying Rakuten (used to be eBates)
RV Propane Video How to and Information Page
RV Propane information is sorely needed in the RV market space. In my Open Range 399BHS, I can’t even find a “how-to” or instructions on the rv propane switchover valve. Furthermore, the Open Range has TWO switchover valves further complicating matters since it is unclear how each side works together.
Therefore, I (Marlan of RV52) thought I would put together an RV Propane information page that helps people find things that will help them with the LP thing.
- RV Propane how to for switchover valve
- RV Propane tank primer article
- Propane Tank Meter – I don’t use one. Really not worth the bother, but I wrote about it.
- Neat article about the propane tanks on the Open Range RV
- From my book the Fifth Wheel RV – The Exterior – Quick overview on the propane tanks
- Get a Carbon Monoxide and propane detector if you are going RVing
- RVing is dangerous if you do not have a sense of smell
- RV refrigerators run on propane!
I also thought it might be very useful to list a few Amazon products to save you time (Amazon Disclosure):
- Camco 59005 RV Propane Double-Stage Auto-Changeover Regulator
- Camco 59053 12″ RV Pig Tail Propane Hose Connector – I actually had to get one of these for our old Puma RV. These are pretty useful and much cheaper here than at a dealer.
- Camco 59153 24″ RV Pig Tail Prop Hose Connector – I think mine was 12″, but I can see that longer is better.
- Camco 57533 Olympian GM12 RV Multi Sparker – I think this would be SUPER cool for a grill – I think I’ll ask Sheri to get me one.
- Camco 59333 RV Horizontal Two Stage Propane Regulator with P.O.L.
- Camco 40542 RV Heavy Duty Propane Tank Cover – Polar White – This would be really nice – the tank covers get dingy over time.
- MTI Industris 12 Volt Flush Mount LP/Natural Gas Detector White 30-442-P – CRITICAL – Your RV should not be without a detector. I don’t have a sense of smell so you can imagine how important this would be for me.
- Mr. Heater F273766 Propane Auto-Changeover Two Stage Regulator 2-1/4″ Inverted Female Flair Inlets X 3/8″ Female Pipe Outlets
- Worthington 281166 11-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
- Worthington 303955 20-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
- Worthington 303954 30-Pound Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
- Lite Cylinder LC-20-30 Composite See-Through Propane Tank, 5.39 Gallons Capacity, Blue
- Liquid Propane Change Over Valve
RV52.com ONLINE INSTANT RV Mechanic if you need help NOW!
ATTN RVers: RV52.com has found ONLINE RV mechanics with JustAnswer, one of internet's trusted "paid" answers site. Sometimes you just need the answer NOW and from a real mechanic.