By creating this innovative power converter size calculator, RV52.com solves one of the most complex tasks with RV ownership.
The task is when you try to figure out how big your RV power converter needs to be. There are a ton of appliances on your RV with complex ideas around their usage that make the calculation tricky.
Follow the blue arrows to get to the calculator.
Let RV52.com help you feel more confident about your power converter choice.
Using Pencil and Paper, you'd have to do the following steps
- Make a line on a sheet for each DC light bulb. Determine if LED or incandescent.
- Make a line item for EACH electrical component in your RV
- Make a note on each line item whether the item is DC or AC.
- Make a decision based on your “usage pattern” for each component (like how many hours you will operate something).
- Find out the power consumption for each device in your list above.
- Make sure you convert between DC and AC properly. AC appliances should not count towards the amperage calculation, but I think you should know them anyway.
- Do all the addition and multiplication.
- Now you should have the size of the SMALLEST power converter you should get to replace your current power converter.
Use this FREE RV power converter size calculator to ensure you buy the right power converter!
After completion the RV52.com computer will try to help you find matching rv power converters.