Every now and then it is fun to look back and see what people are looking at on RV52.com. Honestly, the results usually surprise me.
One year, I had a really WEIRD page show up very high inexplicably. I couldn't figure it out UNTIL I noticed that on one of my automatically curated video descriptions somehow the video in question had to do with “nude”. Needless to say that made my traffic go up a lot, but it didn't have much to do with RVing. I fixed the problem and the page traffic went back to a normal level. I guess you can say that RV52 isn't using “race to the bottom” marketing gimmicks to get traffic – at least not on purpose.
The #1 page on RV52.com for 2014 is the standard How-To Page for Slideouts. Boring, yes and maybe. Useful – ABSOLUTELY! People order Amazon things off this page as well as view video after video.
In fact, the How-To section on RV52.com is one of my most popular areas of the site. You'll see that the How-To dominates the top 10.
- Onan Generator information page (in How To area)
- LED replacements for the standard 921 wedge
- Awning information page (in How To area)
- Homemade RV information page (in How To area)
- How to back up your travel trailer
- Plumbing How To
- Little Mountain Marina Camping Resort (odd that an RV park gets so much traffic)
- WiFi and Home Theater System overview – This is one of my more well done articles.
- RV Floor How To page
(Note: Propane takes up the next two articles #11 and #12)
Looking at this really makes me want to do more in the how-to area. My personal strength area in How To information really is electronics rather than the RV itself.