Video Gallery and Information Page for Arctic Fox 5th Wheels
This Arctic Fox 5th Wheel page will bring you a video gallery of AF 5th Wheels, eBay auctions of AF Fifth Wheels for sale, some useful links and the RSS feeds from the AF owners group. If you bookmark or link to this page, it can be a GREAT central hub for your AF fifth wheel information.
Arctic Fox Documentation and Owners Manuals:
- ** Note – the 5th Wheel and Travel Trailer Manuals are combined into one **
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2001 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2004 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2007 owners manual
Arctic Fox Owners Group Latest News :
- Dog steps for the bed July 30, 2015Our first modification to the travel trailer were the dog steps. They are very lightweight. I put a towel on the laundry hatch to give our female an extra step. I found her laying on it this afternoon. :D
- New type of trailer sway control July 29, 2015I have been thinking of the hensley or the propride, but God are they pricey. I do have the built in friction equalizer bars, but I was thinking of going to the reese cam. Now I see this. In conjunction with the reese cam, it may be the answer for avoiding catastrophe with violent sway event and it is relatively inexpensive. Its a sensor than applies either side trailer brakes to stop sway. Look at the video. It would be at the very least a good fail safe device.
- 2010 Arctic Fox 26z2 July 28, 2015This is my second thread on here. I was looking at a new bunkhouse but came across this in my search. I used Nada and got a suggested price of ~22k.
Bear in mind this is a private party that I’m working with. They are asking 20, what are your thoughts on the price? I think this was the last year arctic fox made a bunkhouse. These don’t seem to come up for sale often for whatever reason.
Buying new would be nice but this would save me over 10k. I wouldn’t have a lot of wiggle room since I’d be driving from out of state to get it.
- Whitney Portal Campground July 27, 2015We are planning on picking up two friends of ours in late August who will be completing a planned 18 day backpack trip of the John Muir Trail. I tent camped there many years ago so don’t remember much especially when it came for fitting a 28 foot 5th.Wheel in. I checked out the web pages and I really don’t think we will fit. Back in my younger days I did manage to hike up to the top of Whitney at 14500 feet, not so sure of myself now. :(
- New England July 27, 2015We want to take a trip through New England to break in our new 25Y. We’ll be starting from the Pocono Mts. In PA, and want to travel through New York’s Adirondack Mts., VT, NH, Acadia NP, RI, MA, CT then back to our campground.
Info on places to see (or avoid), campgrounds that you recommend (or don’t), routes, etc. will be greatly appreciated. We would like to be close enough to Boston for a day trip or two, and close enough to Old Mystic Seaport in CT for a day trip.
Otherwise we’re open to places to see, things to do. Time isn’t a problem.
- She's finally here! Our new 2015 AF 29-5K July 27, 2015We have talked about this day for years. Our snow-bird retirement dream has had many permutations. We had been convinced a motor home was the way for us to go until we actually started looking at the used market. Then we thought, let’s just dip our toe in, let’s see if we can find a trailer that the Ranger can tow. It didn’t take long to realize we just wouldn’t be comfortable in the long run with anything suitable for the Ranger.
We bought our F350 in early July and began researching 5th wheels (again). We weren’t really even looking at Silver Fox. On July 14, we went to a dealership “just to look around” and literally, the first unit we walked into, we knew we found something pretty special.
Long story short (too late?) we took delivery exactly one week later. We have her set up at the house so we can get used to all the features and quirks. We have to take her back to the dealership (about 3 hours away) for some warranty work in about two weeks; that will probably be our first shake-out cruise.
Here is a link to some introductory pictures. http://imgur.com/a/VoncJ
Thanks for being here, and we look forward to learning a lot!
- Blowing fuses.. July 27, 2015On our rig, if you run the front stabilizing legs up a bit too far, the motor will blow the fuse..I am running a green fuse…no number on it..I have a handful..is this too low of a fuse or is this indicative of a larger problem ?
- First Time Buyer Questions July 26, 2015We just purchased a AF 25W TT. We’re driving from Florida to Arizona to pick it up. What gear or items should we get before we show up to the dealer? We plan on staying at a nearby RV Park for a couple nights, before heading back to Florida. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated.
- Is Triple A (American Automobile Association) membership worth the fee ? July 26, 2015Are the member benefits of AAA worth the annual fee ? Thirty years ago I drove cross-country and my mother used her membership to get free trip planning for me. The maps came in the mail on a spiral pad where I could flip the page as my trip progressed. I was able to avoid all construction and road closures. I’m guessing everything is online now and we have to print a copy for reference.
A friend of mine said it’s worth the annual fee when they had a flat tire out of state and they just called someone to change the tire so they didn’t get their good clothes dirty.
We plan on pulling the camper out of state a lot ( MN, NE, WY, MT, CO, SD, ND, UT, AZ, NM) so we wonder if the service is as good in these more remote locations such as Yellowstone, Glacier, etc.
Any members here also AAA members ?
- Dinette Foam quality in my new 2015 AF 996 camper July 25, 2015Hi Everyone,
My wife and I have been RV owners for over 40 years and just sold our 06 Montana Fiver and traded in our Adventurer Camper on a new AF 996. We just did our first 3 day trip and just love the new camper. The 2 slides make it feel more like a trailer than a camper. Only complaint we have is the foam quality of the dinette seats. We are not overly big people, I am 185 pounds and the wife much lighter but the new seats, collapse and hold a memory which is not comfortable. My 2010 Adventurer was a much cheaper camper and the dinette seats were just fine. Did AF just go to a new supplier or is this something others have noticed. I have found a quality custom foam seller online and I will be upgrading the foam. Like I say, we just love the new camper but are a little disappointed about the seat quality.
Latest Arctic Fox Videos :
Latest Arctic Fox 5th Wheels for sale on eBay.com :
Note from Marlan at RV52 – there isn’t a lot of these on eBay. So this link may be a bit empty.
No eBay auctions found – try the the RV52 Find Anything Page
Get Great Content and Info
RV52 will send articles straight to your email. Get about 1 email per week plus/minus.
We value your privacy and would never spam you