Video Gallery and Information Page for Arctic Fox 5th Wheels
This Arctic Fox 5th Wheel page will bring you a video gallery of AF 5th Wheels, eBay auctions of AF Fifth Wheels for sale, some useful links and the RSS feeds from the AF owners group. If you bookmark or link to this page, it can be a GREAT central hub for your AF fifth wheel information.
Arctic Fox Documentation and Owners Manuals:
- ** Note – the 5th Wheel and Travel Trailer Manuals are combined into one **
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2001 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2004 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2007 owners manual
Arctic Fox Owners Group Latest News :
- 31D Classic vs. 29L Silver Fox December 21, 2014We had a 26x, sold it due to we spent 6-9 weeks a summer in Kelowna.. It got to be too small and making bed up and down every night got old. So boght a 367BHS Open Range… Lover the bunk house and really like the out door kitchen. Hate the rest of the trailer. It’s a 2014 and it rattles, furnace is horrible, doors close…sometimes. It’s very dark inside. Not happy at all. We made a huge mistake.
So now we are looking at a 31D Classic
My question is what’s the difference between Classic and Silver fox? Are they built the same?
I see the classic has no cap on rear of trailer, guy told me classic can’t get heated pad tanks except for the 31D can. I love the 29L as its a stretched 26X but it’s the same problem we would be making the kitchen table or couch up and down every day.
With a 5 year old, a 125# mastiff it gets old.
Thanks for any input!
- Fresh water leak, 2008 Desert Fox 38-5U December 20, 2014I am baffled as to what is leaking fresh water inside. The 38-5U has a similar floor plan as the 27-5L except for the garage in back. The carpet in the living room up against the wall where the bathroom is on the other side up with the bed. When I am on city water the carpet gets wet, when on the pump it stays dry. I have a regulator on the city water set at 40#. I have been checking the water lines under the bathroom where the city water comes in and nothing is loose or obviously leaking. The plumbing for the black tank sprayer is in this area. In the bathroom next to the toilet is a access panel for the (I think) anti siphon valve for the black tank sprayer. No obvious sign of leakage. No puddles under the trailer.
Can it be the toilet even though the floor is dry? Is 40# city water too much? Any ideas?
- 2015 Arctic Fox 25P Stabilizer Jacks December 20, 2014I read on a previous post that Northwood uses Lippert jacks on their Arctic Fox trailers, but they are flimsy and risk bending (member indicated they did not use jacks to level trailer)…don’t know if they still use that brand today. My question to my experience travelers is…do you use those scissor jacks only for stabilizing your rig or do you actually use them to level your trailer? I have seen fellow owners use their jacks for leveling, with the assistance of wood blocks…indicating that they were either strong enough or just lucky (one owner said they are rated minimum 5,000#), but as of now we are reluctant to even try. We already have two Utility Block sets for under tire leveling and an assortment of wood blocks to place under our jacks, so we are good, but if the jacks, are capable and strong enough…..
Second, any recommendation on a stabilizer jack upgrade…jacks that can lift a tank? We will be picking up our new AF 25P shortly, as it just came off line.
- First Look at Arctic Fox December 19, 2014We will be purchasing a 5th wheel in the Spring. Wife loves the DRV, but it is a little expensive and it looks like we don’t have to pay that much. The Northwood web site is a little short of infomation and there are no dealers in our area. San Diego is the closest. And would you believe that Arctic Fox has very positive comments on the DRV forums. So we must give AF a serious look. We’re thinking the 35-5Z. We have never seen/touched an Arctic Fox. But it looks like the Silver Fox just might work.
1. Wife will not stand for an oxidized front cap. We were going for a ‘full body paint’ on whatever we purchase. Is that an option on AF?
2. We note that the unladen AF weight is 14,225 with a GVWR on 16,300. That only leaves 2075 lbs for water, washer/dryer, generator, and everything else. Not enough carrying capacity. I must be missing something. What can be done about increasing the carrying capacity? The brochure shows a ‘dry weight’ difference of 3509lbs, but a dealers web site showed the vehicle sticker show a weight of 14225. That’s a serious difference.
3. Specs don’t show the axle capacity.
4. Where can I find an MSRP options list? (Looks like we’re going to have ours built to order)
5. I was planning on using the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch.http://www.andersenhitches.com/Catal…onnection.aspx Does Northwood have a problem with that hitch?
The Northwood web site doesn’t provide any method or ability to ask questions like the above. I figured that the members here could assist. More questions will be coming as we progress.
- Quick update…. December 18, 2014Just a quick blog update to let you all know I’m alive and well.
- What do you use your Northwood roof rack for? December 18, 2014I like that the 22G comes with a roof rack, although, I wouldn’t want to damage the roof. I was curious what people are using their roof rack for and how do they store (mount) items? Thanks!
- New Owners of a 2015 32-5M in South Carolina December 17, 2014We picked up our 2015 32-5M this October from Kelly Mobile Home and RV in West Milton Pennsylvania. Susan there was fantastic from start to finish. She dealt with ordering problems quickly and kept us informed of any problems. She pulled in her entire crew to get our unit ready on time and made the whole buying experience stress free.
Prior to pick up during transport they had a tire blow out that did some minor damage. It was very minor, considering that the tires are 14 ply and there was little left of the tire.
After we picked it up from PA we drove to Lake Murray in South Carolina for a weekend of camping. No major issue so far, and seeing that we owned our last AF a TT 27Y for 14 years with no problems we don’t expect any. Since then we have been out a few times in weather as low as 24 degrees and really love the fireplace, it cuts down on your propane use and adds a nice touch as your sitting drinking your morning coffee.
More posts are sure to come.
- 2013 Arctic Fox 32-5M For Sale $59,000 Currently in Quartzsite 306-830-7890 December 17, 2014This unit retailed out over $85,000
Crystal Onyx Interior
16 Gallon Quick Recovery Water Heater
Slide In Tray Pass Thru
26″ LCD TV in Bedroom
Central Vacuum System
Thermal Pane Windows
5th Airborne Pin Box
Dekko Combo Heat Pads
Fan Vent with Remote/Tstat/Rain Sensor in Bedroom and Living Room
Travel’R Awning Adj Pitch Hardware with Alumna Guard Cover
Remote Pump Switch in Bathroom
5.5 Onan Gold Generator
4 Point Leveling System Automatic
Rear View Camera
12 Cu. Ft. Fridge
Electric Power Reel
2 12 Volt Plugs in Bedroom
2 6 Volt Trojan 145 Batteries
SeeLevel Guages on Fresh/Grey/Black Tanks
2 in. Trailer Hitch on Rear with 7 prong plug in.
Centre Point Air Ride on axles.
2000 Watt Inverter
90% UV Block Window Shades for 6 Windows
Max Air Fan with Cover in Bathroom
Progressive EMS-HW50C Surge Protector with remoteMS-HW50C
- Using trailer with slides in? December 16, 2014We just bought an AF 30U from a couple that were strict about caring for the unit. One of the things they did not do was to walk on the slide floor when it was retracted. I’m not sure why.
Is there any danger in eating a quick lunch at the table on the slide with the slide in?
- TST TPMS question December 14, 2014There is so much information here about TPMS that it can be overwhelming. However, site sponsor Plug it Right sells the TST 507rv TPMS I think I have decided on but I have a couple of specific questions for those of you that have or know about these:
1. Can you describe the size difference between the non flow though and flow through sensors. I have seen photos separately, but have found no perspective that really shows size or side by side. I prefer the flow through I think but have seen people post that they had to send the flow through back because they were too large and stuck out too far.
2. How hard will it be to have to reprogram twice a year when I switch off winter/summer tires on the truck and rotate tires on the trailer? Actually I am just assuming you should rotate TT tires as you do on cars/trucks?
3. I have seen people say the sensors only screw on to the valve stems with no locking of any type. Other people say there is a ring that locks it. Have also seen a set screw referred to?
Latest Arctic Fox Videos :
Latest Arctic Fox 5th Wheels for sale on eBay.com :
Note from Marlan at RV52 – there isn’t a lot of these on eBay. So this link may be a bit empty.
No eBay auctions found – try the the RV52 Find Anything Page
Now, RVing articles and news comes to YOU!
Get your RV52.com articles in your email inbox. Get some of the most useful, practical, and actionable RV information delivered directly to you. RV52 isn’t some big corporation – it is an RVer – just like you. Try it out! It costs you nothing and RV52 will unsubscribe you whenever you want.
We value your privacy and would never spam you