Video Gallery and Information Page for Arctic Fox 5th Wheels
This Arctic Fox 5th Wheel page will bring you a video gallery of AF 5th Wheels, eBay auctions of AF Fifth Wheels for sale, some useful links and the RSS feeds from the AF owners group. If you bookmark or link to this page, it can be a GREAT central hub for your AF fifth wheel information.
Arctic Fox Documentation and Owners Manuals:
- ** Note – the 5th Wheel and Travel Trailer Manuals are combined into one **
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2001 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2004 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2007 owners manual
Arctic Fox Owners Group Latest News :
- 2009 Arctic Fox Trailer Brochure – Looking for a Hardcopy October 26, 2014Hi Folks,
Wondering if by any chance someone might have hung on to and is willing to part with a copy of the 2009 Arctic Fox Trailer Brochure?
I have downloaded the digital PDF version but would sort of like a hard copy to include in my personal 29-5T Owners Notebook.
Thanks for looking.
- AF Owner North Texas Area October 26, 2014We have spend months looking at various other brands of trailer as a way to educate ourselves about their various strengths and weaknesses. We’d really like to find an AF or Nash within a 100 miles or so of DFW so that we can at see one before we attempt a “sight unseen” purchase … which I have never done and frankly probably will not this time. If anyone in this area has an AF or Nash and they would be willing to allow an older, slow moving couple to visit, we’d be grateful. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or guidance.
- Winterizing with RV Antifreeze or not? October 25, 2014I am wondering if I were to drain all of the lines, using the low point drains, could I get away with not running antifreeze in the water lines? My wife doesn’t really like the idea of having antifreeze, even though its the RV stuff, in the water lines.
My concern is that I would think that there could still be some residual water that could cause problems somewhere in the lines, pump, valves or fittings that would crack the said portion of the system. I guess I a wondering if it is safest to get the RV antifreeze and do it right. I have seen where some members don’t winterize and wonder how they get through without doing that.
I don’t think we will be using the trailer at all through the winter, but there is one event that is coming up that we may need to use it for. So there is a chance that we will use it.
- My Profile October 24, 2014I can not get into my Profile, it tells me that I do not have privileges to access site. And it says I need to up grade myself. And I can not post in the lounge. It tells me that I do have privileges to post. Did I get put in the dog house ?
- Ultra suede cushion covers washable? October 24, 2014Anyone know if the “ultra suede” cushion covers in the dinette are washable? And if so by machine or not?
- Arctic Fox 22 Structure Question October 23, 2014We are very long ways from any showroom for AF trailers, which makes this forum mighty helpful. I have found a good many answers to many of our questions simply by reading past posts. I can’t seem to find an explanation of the framing construction in the AF22 series trailers. I know that earlier models have wood framing, but I don’t know if that is true for newer AF22’s? And if newer models have aluminum framing, then what year was that changed?
A second question has to do with storing a trailer outside with a trailer cover. Are those covers effective protection from the elements? I’m still hoping to find covered storage at less than my recent quote of $150 per month! At any rate, we are grateful for any help with these two (2) questions.
- New To Forum – A Few Questions October 21, 2014My wife and I just joined the forum after purchasing a used 2005 Nash 22H. We are building a house on 40 acres in Salida, CO and plan on staying in the trailer when we are at the home site. We live in Denver but go to Salida about every other week.
I have a 100 pound propane bottle to keep the furnace running and we have 110 volt power supply we are plugged into. Our well is in so we have a water supply. I have ordered a 32 gallon septic transfer tank that I can empty into the septic system that was recently finished for the house.
The questions I have are:
1. What should I be concerned with to avoid freezing pipes? Temperatures in Salida are similar to Denver. Should the hot water tank be heated when we are away?
2. Has anyone put skirting around their trailers to help retain heat and prevent freezing?
3. What are the weakest links in the trailer in terms of cold temperatures that would create problems?
Thank you in advance for any advice you have that might help us.
Tom and Layne
- Insurance Just Wrote Off My 2005 22M. Need Information. October 21, 2014My 22M AF developed a undetectable roof leak in the back corner, by the tine I found it the insulation was water logged. Was hoping to fix it but , insurance adjuster said it was a write off. The settlement is fair so that is what is happening. This would not of happened if Northwood’s had a better design on where the rubber roof and the metal back comes together. It looks like the new trailers have a different design in that area. So, now the hunt begins for a replacement. I have two questions: 1. What year did AF start using the Aluminum frame in the 22 and 25 foot TT? 2. What year did they do away with the front window and add the fiberglass fronts? This is the two major feature I will be looking for in a replacement. Thank you in advance for the information. Happy traillering! Bob
- a new portable generator thread October 21, 2014Who has converted their Honda-type portable generator to propane? Why? To eliminate carrying gasoline? Are they more efficient? I hear that you don’t have to worry about a gummed up carburetor.
- Muddy Tires Explore Thermopolis, Wyoming October 19, 2014Funopolis, Steamopolis, Thermopolis, Wyoming! We fished & kayaked the Wind & Bighorn Rivers and explored Hot Springs State Park. Check out the latest blog:
JC, sorry you spent a miserable night there. There is a probably a good story there. ;) The town is small, but even the two restaurants we ate at, were exceptional.
Now we are in Kemmerer, Wyoming. We have enjoyed fishing the Green River and exploring the Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge and Fossil Butte National Monument. Expect that blog by the end of the month. Our next stop is Heber City, Utah where we will spend the winter.
Happy Fall Ya’all – Shawn & Arleen
Thermopolis32-12 Oct 2014.jpg
Thermopolis and the Bighorn River from Monument Hill in Hot Springs State Park
Thermopolis29-12 Oct 2014.jpg
A huge travertine terrace, the swinging bridge, and the Bighorn River in Hot Springs State Park
Thermopolis1-7 Oct 2014b.jpg
Fall fishing Wind River Canyon for big rainbows & brown trout
Latest Arctic Fox Videos :
Latest Arctic Fox 5th Wheels for sale on eBay.com :
Note from Marlan at RV52 – there isn’t a lot of these on eBay. So this link may be a bit empty.
No eBay auctions found – try the the RV52 Find Anything Page