Video Gallery and Information Page for Arctic Fox 5th Wheels
This Arctic Fox 5th Wheel page will bring you a video gallery of AF 5th Wheels, eBay auctions of AF Fifth Wheels for sale, some useful links and the RSS feeds from the AF owners group. If you bookmark or link to this page, it can be a GREAT central hub for your AF fifth wheel information.
Arctic Fox Documentation and Owners Manuals:
- ** Note – the 5th Wheel and Travel Trailer Manuals are combined into one **
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2001 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2004 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2007 owners manual
Arctic Fox Owners Group Latest News :
- First trip in new to us AF…with lots of questions.. June 29, 2015Boy, we felt like kings with the new to us AF over what we last owned (and rented)…and to be honest, the truck drew a bit of attention itself..
We do like the slides even though they still make us nervous since we already had electronics issues with them..
Everything seems to work (water heater on gas only) and we are hard pressed to say that the stove / over was actually ever used by the POs.. The oven vent light..even with a much brighter bulb and acrylic cover removed, is useless.
We assume water pressure is park dependent ? I have a pressure valve and it was monitoring the park pressure at the very low section of the green…is the a way to up the pressure at the shower head with a restrictor or something ?
We wonder about the pull out shower curtain..do folks replace it with a normal curtain ? Does the other one mold ?
Need the fence post sewer pipe holder…but special order at $ 100 bucks makes me balk at the second….man, we need to get down to the states..
Is there any way to get the outside steps to stop “squawking” when you step on them ? Will a particular type of oil penetrate the connections..
Having second thoughts about hanging our barbie off the trailer..it is heavy and apparently, you need to bulk up the inside of the trailer..don’t think that is going to be easy.
Even though there are really no miles on the tires..other than the initial pull across Canada, they are 5 year old and I will be switching them over to LTs before we head to Ontario.
We have the 2 soft leather (?) tan “bucket seat” type chairs in the back..I haven’t looked but is there any way to make them less sensitive to motion ?
The coach / bed is uncomfortable to sit on because the pillows are far to big for the unit…I think we will wait ’till be are stateside (and have less company) and swap it out..but in the meantime, has anyone swapped out the pillows with success ?
..same with the banquette..can someone sleep on that ?
For those that have air ride hitches with air surge control…do you crank up the pressure in the anti surge bags to lessen the “pulling” of the 5th wheel ?
Nothing from Northwood in the park..and we were asked a bunch of times what the arctic fox was…
It is harder for our co pilots to get into the rig but our youngest (age 7) claimed the top of the coach so she could look out the window and protect us from cats like she does at home…lulu coach.jpg
- Slide room locks – who uses them? June 28, 2015Saw this question in the Ford Trucks forum. Do YOU use then ones supplied with your RV? Whwn I bought my 29-5, I was told to forget ’em. Used them religiously in my previous 1992 5th wheel of another manufacturer. I don’t even know where they fit on this trailer.
- 2008 Artic Fox 29 v, Silver Fox Edition June 26, 2015Offering our like new 29V for sale. Stored under cover since new. I bought from man who ordered it last year but our situation has changed so with much regret its for sale. Located in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I can send pics or answer any questions.
This coach is absolutely like new and was ordered with larger axles and 16 in tires. Have all manuals and original build sheet. 21,000.00
501 – 282 – 7093 call, text.
- Front Window Removal On Recent Models ……….Why ? June 26, 2015Does anyone know why the newer travel trailer models do not have a front window? That seems like a step backward to me.
- Considering a 1995 Nash 24A June 25, 2015Howdy, I am totally new here and an seeking some advice. I am looking at purchasing a 1995 Nash 24A. It looks to be in great shape, and has been stored in a barn. Other than checking for soft spots, mildew smells, etc., and making sure the systems work, is there anything I should look out for?
The guy wants $6000
Thanks in advance!
- 2013 Nash 18L June 25, 2015
- Seeking Arctic Fox 25W & 25Y owner suggestions/opinions June 24, 2015I have narrowed my pre-purchase search to two Northwood travel trailers (25W and 25Y) and two other 30 foot La Grande manufactured non-Northwood travel trailers. I am headed to Boise ID and La Grande OR in August for some hands on research and factory tours of each manufacturer. I’d appreciate any AF 25W and AF 25Y information/opinions from owners regarding pros/cons, unique warranty, QC, maintenance issues and chosen options on these two Arctic Fox trailers. Also, I would appreciate your opinions on any specific weight distribution hitches you have used or might suggest. Thanks.
- What's in a name? SnowRiver. Quite a bit actually June 24, 2015I was wondering if anyone here knows the history.
Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s a guy named Bob Mehrer founded “Interior RV” in Penticton, BC. He began to build 5th wheels under the name “Snowbird” which he copyrighted with the owner of a local RV dealer who invested in the company. Unfortunately, this name was already in use in the United States, so when they started to sell there, they had to come up with a new name, “SnowRiver”. Bob soon dropped 5th wheels and started to produce Truck Campers. One day a customer came up and told him he would buy one if he could put a slide in it. Bob custom built one and also designed the mechanism from scratch. He tried a double slide in a couple of units, but figured it was too much of a structural integrity issue. Bob & Ron Nash were good friends, and AF was the second company to put a slide a truck camper. Ron always acknowledged that Bob built the best truck camper, but he also pointed out that 70 units a year were hardly a threat to Arctic Fox or Lance. Bob always had the lead in ingenuity, from putting loungers in Truck Campers and making it so the slide would come in by itself if you drove away with it out, and a lot of other small improvements.
I first encountered this company in 2004 when I was on my way home with my Adventurer Truck Camper on my 98 Ford 460. I stopped at a forestry site in Idaho and the camp host had one of these Snow River Campers. Hhe told me how he had a solar panel issue and the owner of the company had driven 700 miles to fix it in person. I decided to detour to Penticton to meet this guy. I checked into a Provincial Park and phoned him and he invited me to come & camp in his back yard, which I did. I had just adopted a Mexican dog who had never been in a house before, and to my horror he lifted his leg against the kitchen cabinets. Bob was unfazed.
Over dinner he asked me about my trip down Baja. OK, I said except for having to take the camper on & off for repairs to my old truck. It had manual jacks. He asked me why I did not put electric ones on, and I told him the estimate was $1700. Let’s take it into the shop on monday and I will see what I can do, he told me. Monday morning we arrived at the factory and there were a couple from Seattle with a 10 year old used camper that had issues with its slide. He took both rigs in then took the 4 of us to breakfast which he paid for. We got back to the fcatory after and the slide was fixed. When the couple asked how much, Bob just said “Happy Birthday”. This was a second hand unit, remember. It was then I suspected there was no such thing as a warrantee expiration.
They were still working on mine, so Bob took me on a pub crawl for the next 4 hours. When we got back, they had just finished up and Bob called me into my office. My cost on these is $600 he said, but I am a businessman so I’m charging you $610 (I later found out his cost was a lot higher than that). Next time I observed this sort of thing was at the national Truck Camper rally in Ogallala Nebraska in 2006. A couple were there with an old SnowRiver with no A/C. They were sweltering in he heat. Bob went up to the Dometic rep and said, go install an A/C on their unit and send me the bill. At this point I decided to trade in my Adventurer and get one of his campers which is pictured below. Over the years I became good friends with Bob & his wife Heather.
In late 2008 the recession hit and the RV market started to crash. Bob was leasing factory space and had the choice of bleeding to death or closing down. He chose the latter. He sold the SnowRiver name to his friend Ron Nash. He told me that he did not want the name to go to a product that was not quality. Northwood used it for their new trailer line. When I switched to a TT last year, it seemed like the logical choice. I hope Bob, wherever he is, is smiling.
Bob died of a heart attack a year a go last summer, he had had 6 previously. I travelled up for his funeral as did a lot of his former customers. He lived in a small town called Naramata, just up the lake from Penticton. They closed the whole town down, and it was one of the largest memorials I have ever been to. The man had made a lot of friends. I visited Heather last weekend, she is doing OK. RIP Bob, you were one of a kind.
So that is the history of the SnowRiver name.
- How tall is your rig.. June 24, 2015I think I have watched too many 5th wheels going under bridges and having the top peeled off..
Anybody know the minimum height of a bridge that is safe for us ?
- Yamaha EF2400iS 2,400 Watt for sale June 24, 2015I have a very low hour Yamaha EF2400iS for sale. I used a few times to to run the AC while dry camping to cool down my Outback 23RS. It will run a 13.5 K AC but NOT a 15K unit. It is 6 years old but if I were to guess it has less than 40 hours of run time and that is stretching it. I have upgraded to a Arctic Fox 27-5L and this generator is not packing enough power. I figured I would offer it on this site prior to posting it on Craig’s List. There are a couple scuffs on the plastic from moving it around. Started it this past weekend and it started on the first pull (like always). $800.
Latest Arctic Fox Videos :
Latest Arctic Fox 5th Wheels for sale on eBay.com :
Note from Marlan at RV52 – there isn’t a lot of these on eBay. So this link may be a bit empty.
Get Great Content and Info
RV52 will send articles straight to your email. Get about 1 email per week plus/minus.
We value your privacy and would never spam you