Video Gallery and Information Page for Arctic Fox 5th Wheels
This Arctic Fox 5th Wheel page will bring you a video gallery of AF 5th Wheels, eBay auctions of AF Fifth Wheels for sale, some useful links and the RSS feeds from the AF owners group. If you bookmark or link to this page, it can be a GREAT central hub for your AF fifth wheel information.
Arctic Fox Documentation and Owners Manuals:
- ** Note – the 5th Wheel and Travel Trailer Manuals are combined into one **
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2001 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2004 owners manual
- Northwood Arctic Fox 5th Wheel Trailers 2007 owners manual
Arctic Fox Owners Group Latest News :
- New To Forum – A Few Questions October 21, 2014My wife and I just joined the forum after purchasing a used 2005 Nash 22H. We are building a house on 40 acres in Salida, CO and plan on staying in the trailer when we are at the home site. We live in Denver but go to Salida about every other week.
I have a 100 pound propane bottle to keep the furnace running and we have 110 volt power supply we are plugged into. Our well is in so we have a water supply. I have ordered a 32 gallon septic transfer tank that I can empty into the septic system that was recently finished for the house.
The questions I have are:
1. What should I be concerned with to avoid freezing pipes? Temperatures in Salida are similar to Denver. Should the hot water tank be heated when we are away?
2. Has anyone put skirting around their trailers to help retain heat and prevent freezing?
3. What are the weakest links in the trailer in terms of cold temperatures that would create problems?
Thank you in advance for any advice you have that might help us.
Tom and Layne
- Insurance Just Wrote Off My 2005 22M. Need Information. October 21, 2014My 22M AF developed a undetectable roof leak in the back corner, by the tine I found it the insulation was water logged. Was hoping to fix it but , insurance adjuster said it was a write off. The settlement is fair so that is what is happening. This would not of happened if Northwood’s had a better design on where the rubber roof and the metal back comes together. It looks like the new trailers have a different design in that area. So, now the hunt begins for a replacement. I have two questions: 1. What year did AF start using the Aluminum frame in the 22 and 25 foot TT? 2. What year did they do away with the front window and add the fiberglass fronts? This is the two major feature I will be looking for in a replacement. Thank you in advance for the information. Happy traillering! Bob
- a new portable generator thread October 21, 2014Who has converted their Honda-type portable generator to propane? Why? To eliminate carrying gasoline? Are they more efficient? I hear that you don’t have to worry about a gummed up carburetor.
- Muddy Tires Explore Thermopolis, Wyoming October 19, 2014Funopolis, Steamopolis, Thermopolis, Wyoming! We fished & kayaked the Wind & Bighorn Rivers and explored Hot Springs State Park. Check out the latest blog:
JC, sorry you spent a miserable night there. There is a probably a good story there. ;) The town is small, but even the two restaurants we ate at, were exceptional.
Now we are in Kemmerer, Wyoming. We have enjoyed fishing the Green River and exploring the Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge and Fossil Butte National Monument. Expect that blog by the end of the month. Our next stop is Heber City, Utah where we will spend the winter.
Happy Fall Ya’all – Shawn & Arleen
Thermopolis32-12 Oct 2014.jpg
Thermopolis and the Bighorn River from Monument Hill in Hot Springs State Park
Thermopolis29-12 Oct 2014.jpg
A huge travertine terrace, the swinging bridge, and the Bighorn River in Hot Springs State Park
Thermopolis1-7 Oct 2014b.jpg
Fall fishing Wind River Canyon for big rainbows & brown trout
- Solar vs onboard generators vs outboard generator/inverters again :( October 19, 2014Hello everyone,
I simply do not know what to do. I am about to buy the Fox Mountain 235RLS and can not decide on how to power it.
I plan to use on a daily basis a laptop and the usual amenities. Only on occasion will I use the air and slightly more will will I use the microwave.
I read that I need something to transform the power so that my laptop can use it – is this so?
If Northwood installs their solar (only 150 watts) can I add more watts off the same system?
If an aftermarket (dealer) adds a system do they usually do a clean install with whatever monitoring one needs or does it look like an ‘ugly’ add on.
How often does one have to clean the panels from debris, dirt, bird droppings?
If you believe that an aftermarket install can be done cleanly, do you recommend a brand(s)?
In my class c I really, really hated the Onan generator – loud, smelly, and vibrating. I simply can not believe what I read here that the new ones are much quieter. I also find it very odd I never see a new 235RLS with a generator already installed – why is this? Do people not need power?
I don’t get this…..
I love the idea of these quiet devices. Why can’t an onboard generator be this quiet? – I do not understand why this can’t be so. Maybe it can be – is there a company that produces an onboard “Honda-like” generator/inverter? Who? Can propane-based generator be cleanly installed?
I don’t love the inconvenience of these devices. Setting them up, leaving them outdoors, gasoline, weather, etc.
Bottom line – I don’t know what to do.
My instinct tells me to start with:
1 – the onboard and use it when needed (wasteful money but I am lost what to do here)
2 – Get a basic install of solar (the Northwood brand) with 2 6-volt batteries and all that is needed to be able to use solar power with my laptop. I hope that it can be expanded or . . . the answers to my aftermarket question above becomes relevant.
3 – Finally, if I can go this way and really hate the onboard Onan I can use it only when necessary and buy just one (not two) of the Honda 2000i.
I would appreciate all thoughts on this power matter.
Thank you in advance!
- If You Like the New Arctic Fox Design – Let Northwood Know October 17, 2014Many of us on the forum and at the Rallies have given Northwood a lot of grief when we did NOT like the changes to the Arctic Fox logo and designs.
I think we should also let them know if you really like the new design.
Taken from this thread – http://www.afnash.com/showthread.php…-New-front-cap
PS: I already sent my e-mail to Rich and Donald Cochran.
PPS: I just e-mailed Rich and he said send your comments to him (he is the head of the design team) rich.zinzer at northwoodmail dot com
- For Sale – Carbon Monoxide Alarm – $50 October 16, 2014I purchased a carbon monoxide alarm to replace my old one, only I thought I needed a flush mount when I need a surface mount. Willing to sell the SafeT Alert brand Model 65-542-WT flush mount for $50 delivered to your door, as long as you door is somewhere in the 48 states.
I did write on the surface on the monitor ’10-2014′ in black felt tip, so I would know when it was purchased, otherwise, pristine.
- New front cap October 15, 2014Looks like the AF line got new front caps. I wonder if they’re painted.
- Torklift Lock and Load cargo carrier October 14, 2014I have a brand new one still in the box. Ideal to secure and carry those portable generators. Fits 2″ receivers. They sell for around $383 on Ebay. I will let mine go for $200 but it has to be picked up in central PA. My email: email@example.com
- 2007 Arctic Fox 22GQ For Sale, Phoenix, AZ October 14, 20142007 Arctic Fox 22GQ For Sale in Phoenix, AZ
Latest Arctic Fox Videos :
Latest Arctic Fox 5th Wheels for sale on eBay.com :
Note from Marlan at RV52 – there isn’t a lot of these on eBay. So this link may be a bit empty.
No eBay auctions found – try the the RV52 Find Anything Page