Rear view of your RV :
If you go to the rear of your RV, if you're lucky, you'll have a built in rear ladder. I know on our fifth wheel we do. From time to time – not super often – but on occasion – you need to climb up on the roof of the RV for different reasons. For that, having a built in ladder is really nice since you won't have to worry about stowing a ladder you bought – and a factory installation will look nice. Not a deal breaker, but it is something to think about.
You'll also notice lighting that I HIGHLY recommend you check to make sure is operational before starting on every trip. An unlit RV with no lights on a dark night on the road seems like a terrible disaster waiting to happen. Make sure they work.
You should inspect to make sure the following lights are working :
- Running lights ( across the top of the RV and let people know the breadth of the device they are approaching )
- Rear taillights ( lit when your lights are on – like running lights )
- Brake lights ( lit when brakes are applied )
- Left and right turn signals
- Your license plate should light up – secretly this doesn't seem to important – I mean its not like you are going to rob a bank and your 1 ton dually and RV are your getaway vehicle.