I know many of you exercise and live very active lives. Therefore I don’t feel too guilty updating you regarding my Fitbit Surge Fitness Watch.
I’ve had my FitBit Surge for awhile now. I didn’t want to do a review or say anything until I could play with it for awhile. But now I feel qualified to let you know what I think and to give you a little insight into the FitBit surge.
(Note. If you click over to Amazon and buy something from this pages links I’ll get a very small commission. However, this is TOTALLY my review and not influenced by this fact.)
Here is a video I made which gives you a really nice overview:
FitBit Surge Review, by RV52.com
There were a few things that I could summarize from the video. Also there was a diagram that was worth putting there that I only “flashed” on the video.
First the diagram. The FitBit activity bands and watches are designed to connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth. That works great. But FitBit also has a GREAT online website. You can connect your phone and the website. In fact, most of your GREAT activity data is stored online instead of ONLY on your phone. This diagram shows how things are connected.
I also made a chart which I think could help people understand the different Fitbit bands and watches.
Here are things I LOVE or LIKE about the Fitbit Surge.
- It is super durable. It is MADE for athletics/activity.
- It is fairly lightweight
- I love the GPS. I LOVE that it works WITHOUT my phone with me.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the heart rate monitor
- I love the steps counter
- I love that you can set goals (like for steps) with it.
Here are things I don’t love or like about the Fitbit Surge so much:
- It is pretty big. Awfully big. Too big to sleep with in my opinion.
- Some cooler watch faces would be nice.
- The black rubbery band material could be improved.
- I thought the sync was a little bit slow to my iPhone. But I have no comparison data to other phones – so it might just be normal.
- The caller id and text screens would be easy to improve.
Check out the video above and let me know what you think. Have a fitbit? Why not leave a comment?