RV Window Treatments
RV Window Treatments are one of those eye-candy things that the makers LOVE to have inside the RV. But honestly, we always want to take ours down. You’ll see all sorts of things in the RV’s, most guilty of bad style.
Our window treatments serve to collect dust and reduce the brightness of the interior. So we’re not big fans.
However, one of the treatments is important – and that is the blinds. Maybe important isn’t the right word – but how about really useful.
The blinds are a GREAT way to get privacy at night, which you’ll want, especially if you are in an RV park which has RV’s entirely too close together. Also during the day, if the day is very hot, the blinds can keep the heat down on the inside of the RV.
We always find that we are putting shades up, down, and partially open to control light and glare too.
The blinds we have are a single sheet of corrugated plasticy-clothy material that are kept in whatever position you put them in by a friction method connected together by a couple of long strings. We have wore out several of these so I can’t say that the ones we received from the factory are very high quality.
That being said, RV52 will soon probably put up new, after market friction blinds (called pleated shades) so we’ll let you know how that goes and who we buy from. I don’t know if they pleated shades for home use will work well for RV use or not. When you are traveling you can just put them in the down position so it’s not like you have to have them hold in position.
Here are some Amazon links (disclosure) for rv blind/shade related items.
- Camco 42913 RV Cream Retractable Lights Out Vent Shade
- Coolaroo Shade Fabric Heavy 84% to 90% UV Block 6 Feet by 15 Feet Wheat
- Pleated Shade First Aid Kit
- RV Designer Collection A303 – 10″ Mini-Blind Clear Replacement Wand
- JR Products 81635 Post-Style Mini Blind Hold-Down – Pack of 2
- RV Designer Collection A301 Mini-Blind Hold-Down
- RV Designer Collection A285 Side Curtain Hold Down
- RV Windsheild Curtains 130″ to 170″ x 32″ Tan
- Airstream Drape Carriers