(excerpt from the book – Your 5th Wheel RV – The Interior)
Almost every RV has an RV Control Panel. You might hear it called rv command center or any one of 20 other names, but it is in ADDITION to the fusebox or RV electrical panel.
The RV Control Panel is a central location where all the RV-centric switches and buttons go that are unique to RVing and the RV.
Your RV control panel might be as simple as an on/off switch for the hot water heater OR it might be incredibly complex and sophisticated like the control panel on a Newell, Prevost, or high end Monaco.
If you have small children in/around your RV, I might HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you put a lock or other safety mechanism on the door. Otherwise, things could get pretty exciting.
Typical items you’ll find in the RV Control Panel are:
- Hot Water Heater Controls (on/off for electric – on/off for gas)
- Different lighting controls (porch, hall, other- such as accent lights)
- Fresh Water Pump – provides pressure for water system when operating with self contained fresh water only
- RV Slide out controls
- Tank Fluid Level monitoring system – black tank, gray tank, and fresh water tank
- Battery Monitoring and control system – can be simple monitoring or much more
- Awning Controls
- Super Fan or Fantastic Fan Controls
- Air Conditioning Control – for example on/off for the circuits for the 2nd air conditioner so you don’t blow 30 amp circuits
There are so much more that can go in these control panels, I only listed what was in our 5th wheel’s control panel, but I think this gives you an idea of what to expect.
Inspecting this control panel actually gives you an idea of what kinds of systems you would have in your RV. One thing right off the top of my mind you might find extra is a generator controls in this panel. But I think you get the point.
For some fun, I thought I could list some Amazon listings and eBay listings (disclosure) that are related to the subject.
- Intellisense Rv One Touch Control Panel
- Sunforce 60032 30 Amp Digital Charge Controller
- Ramsond SunShield 12V 12 Volt 8A 8 Amp Solar Charge Controller Regulator
- Xantrex System Control Panel - Use With Freedom SW 3000 Watt Inverter (Item# 456072), Model# 809-0910
- "Watts Up" RC Watt Meter & Power Analyzer WU100 Version 2
- MEAN WELL IRC2 INVERTER REMOTE CONTROL PANEL
- Atwood 85441 Remote Control Kit
- Flush Mnt Solar Charge Control
- MAGNUM ME-RC50 REMOTE PANEL
- XANTREX AGS AUTOMATIC GENERATOR START for SW2012 SW3012 (NEEDS SCP) (16523)
CURRENT Amazon items related to rv control panels