RV Central Vacuum Hose Receptacle
The RV Central Vacuum system could be one of the sillier ideas in an RV. Its also very easy to implement in an RV – comparatively easier than in a full size sticks and bricks home.
I would only expect such a feature in larger fifth wheels and motorhomes. Also, I would not let this be a factor in your RV buying decision at all.
In the RV basement area, there is usually located a central vacuum unit. Then that vacuum unit is attached to a PVC pipe which then is routed in the sub-flooring to a receptacle like the one shown here. There are also a couple of wires that go with the PVC pipe so that when you plug in the vacuum hose the vacuum unit is turn on.
On one hand, the RV central vac eliminates having to have a vacuum cleaner, which should save space. But you trade out the vacuum cleaner for a very large bunch of hose instead. My guess is that the space savings is a bit of a wash.
One very large advantage to the RV central vac is that when vacuuming, the vacuum unit is OUTSIDE the living space of the RV. I believe, but cannot prove, that it should help in reducing allergens in the RV living space. This is simply not true with a regular vacuum.
You introduce a few additional problems as well such as:
- Cleaning the filter requires getting into the RV basement which is an inconvenient thing to do.
- Cleaning the filter requires filters - which is a pain. You can get filters on Amazon though (disclosure).
If you are interested in an RV central vacuum system or replacement parts, I listed a few Amazon listings here:
- Electrolux 016927 Central Vacuum Automatic Dustpan, White
- Dirt Devil RV Central Vacuum System
- Eureka CV140 Yellow Jacket Compact Central Vacuum Power Unit
- Compact and Powerful RV BUS Trailer Allegro Central Vacuum 30′ hose Motor home
- HP Products 8233-LE Dirt Devil Central Cleaning System
- Dirt Devil Central Vacuum bags 7767-W – Genuine – 3 Pack
- HP Products 8799-BK Vacpan Automatic Dust Pan Kit
CURRENT eBay auctions featuring rv central vacuum related items:
- InterVac F120 Portable Central Vacuum System for Home, RV, Boat- Never Installed May 21, 2013
$100.00 (0 Bids)End Date: Tuesday May-28-2013 16:45:51 PDTBid now | Add to watch list
- DOMETIC CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEM FOR RV HOME FLUSH MOUNT 9192200 January 23, 2013
$199.95End Date: Thursday May-23-2013 15:08:09 PDTBuy It Now for only: $199.95Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Royal Dirt Devil CV950 RV Central Vacuum Bags November 2, 2012
$12.99End Date: Friday May-31-2013 15:06:37 PDTBuy It Now for only: $12.99Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Royal Dirt Devil CV950 RV Central Vacuum Bags September 7, 2012
$9.55End Date: Monday Jun-3-2013 23:58:06 PDTBuy It Now for only: $9.55Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Compact and Powerful RV BUS Trailer Allegro Central Vacuum 30' hose Motor home March 28, 2012
$262.09End Date: Friday Jun-21-2013 14:15:25 PDTBuy It Now for only: $262.09Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- NEW! – MARINE BOAT RV BUS Vac – Allegro Central Vacuum Kit February 1, 2012
$242.71End Date: Sunday May-26-2013 8:55:16 PDTBuy It Now for only: $242.71Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Allegro Central Vacuum Kit – Marine Boat RV Bus Vac March 9, 2010
$249.99End Date: Friday Jun-21-2013 16:51:19 PDTBuy It Now for only: $249.99Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Allegro Central Vacuum – Marine / Boat / RV / Bus November 12, 2008
$249.95End Date: Wednesday Jun-19-2013 11:46:29 PDTBuy It Now for only: $249.95Buy It Now | Add to watch list