Handy Voltage Reference for 50 Amp Service
Here is a picture of a 50 Amp Receptacle commonly found in RV Parks. I've added little pictures of voltmeters showing you the approximate voltage you should be seeing if you attach the probes like shown.
I feel a little silly for saying it, but of course you won't have three volt meters so you'll check between two connection one at a time. I feel better now.
I also have several articles you might find useful that are related to this subject :
- If you know nothing about electricity – “A Good Starting Point for learning about RV electrical systems“.
- Great article on “What are Volts and Amps?”
- Excellent article on “What is Power or Watts?”
- “Primer on the Different Electrical Services found at RV Parks“
- RV Power – Those darned complex terms – Watts, Amps, Volts