It would be REALLY, REALLY easy to get “upside down” when buying an RV, especially if you buy used.
RV52 has bought and sold RVs, turned in plenty of 1040s on RVs and feels pretty confident in the subject of buying and selling RVs. No, RV52 is not a dealer. I don’t sell them for a living. I don’t keep a book on RVs recording averages and all that. In fact I use 3rd party web sites to sell RVs. I did use RV52 and a personal ad on my site to schlep my own, but that is it. But I’ve done several now so I’m un-afraid of the subject. I hope my articles, tools and videos help you.
RV52.com has done quite a bit on this subject. Here are some of RV52.com’s articles and books:
- Your 5th Wheel RV – The Interior – The idea here is to get you educated quickly
- Your 5th Wheel RV – The Exterior – Same goal
- Is a Recreational Vehicle a Good Investment – Short report on an excel calculation I did
- The Spartan RV – A guide which helps you manage your stuff (which has BIG finance impacts)
- Articles and more:
- How to save 25 to 40% or more when RV Buying
- Story about my neighbor trying to sell his Class A
- How we bought and sold our Open Range – VERY SUCCESSFULLY
- People to Avoid when selling your RV
- RV Finance – a tale of two banks
- Can you write off an RV?
- Do you pay property tax on an RV?
- Banks that offer RV loans
- A nice graphic to help you decide which RV type is right for you
- RV52’s Mini RV Buying Guide
- Quick Tip on Buying an RV
- RV Tax Information – Getting ready for Tax Season
- RV Lemon Law – Texas
- Is an RV eligible for the IRS home interest deduction?