Before the electricity.
Before the water.
You must level your RV.
If it is not level the refrigerator won’t work. That is very true. In fact, your refrigerator might permanently damage itself and cost you an easy $1000.
If you are not level, it will affect your sleep, your balance, the toilets, showering, and almost every single aspect of living.
You absolutely positively must do all you can to get the RV as level as possible. Spending an extra 15 minutes getting the darned thing level will save you so much pain down the road.
Most of us have 5th wheels or travel trailers rather than big daddy auto-leveling class a systems. So spending a few moments reading up on leveling your RV is a pretty good investment. Read on friends!
Some RV52.com articles on leveling your RV:
- Leveling our RV for the first time (wrong)
- Leveling the RV for the second time (correctly)
- Basic RV Leveling
- Leveling our 5th Wheel
- Never ever do this, especially with a 14,000 pound 5th wheel
- About the 5th Wheel leveling system
- RV Rear Leveling Jacks
- 5th Wheel Landing Gear – from Your 5th Wheel RV – The Exterior
Some RV leveling system instruction manuals:
- IntelliJacks RV Leveling System Users Manual
- PowerGear Manual RV Leveling System Users Manual and Guide