RV52.com wrote several articles on RV converters and I’ve even done a nice video or two:
- Replacing your RV Power Convertor on your 5th Wheel
- RV Power Converter Basics
- An article I wrote about some converter pricing
- RV Power system overview
- AC versus DC power for beginners, newbies, and non-techies
- Converters work with the battery! Check out your RV battery
- More RV Electrical system basics
- Converters have fuses in the electrical control panel
- How might your converter affect your air conditioner? You might be surprised!
Here are 4 converters manufactured by Power Dynamics which RV52.com thinks is a pretty good converter. RV52.com actually installed one of these.
Convertors take your shore power ( or the power you get when plugged into your house/rv park ) which is AC power and “convert” it to DC for use around the RV. An RV converter will also have battery conditioning circuits which charge/discharge the battery and handle when shore power is disconnected and power needs to be taken OUT of the batteries instead of being stored IN the batteries.
Here are some manufacturers of RV Power Converters :
Converters, and the power conditioning are also some of the most problematic areas of an RV. The converters can get hot and if very old, or poorly made can catch fire or cause wires in your RV to catch fire.
I’ve only been living full time in an RV since 2010. Since then I’ve known personally of two fires in RV’s which were directly attributable to the power converter. One was due to age, and the other one was new so no explanation.
RV Power Converter Users Manuals:
- WFCO RV Power Converter Users Manual WF 9835 9845 9855 9865 9875
- WFCO RV Power Converter Users Manual WF 8735 8740
- WFCO RV Power Converter Users Manual WF8900
- Progressive Dynamics RV Power Converter Users Manual PD9100
- Progressive Dynamics RV Power Converter Users Manual PD9200
RV52.com Partner if you need help NOW!
RV Power Converter How To Video Gallery:
Latest Amazon listings for RV converters :
The neat thing is that these listings are always CURRENT and all you have do do is to BOOKMARK this page and check back every now and then.